We provide legal/non legal paternity testing with over 250 nationwide collection centers, free at-home testing kits, and mobile collection available in every state. We are AABB accredited.
Order a paternity test from Paternity Test US please call 1-866-434-2400
Child Support Act of 1991 (summary of findings)
The Duty to maintain the child:
1. For the purposes of this Act, each parent of a qualifying child is responsible for maintaining him/her.
2. For the purposes of this Act. An absent parent shall be taken to have met his/her responsibility to maintain any qualifying child of his/hers by making periodical payments of maintenance with respect to the child of such amount, and at such intervals, as may be determined in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
3. Where a maintenance assessment made under this Act requires the making of periodic assessments. It shall be the duty of the absent parent with respect to whom the assessment was made to make those payments.
The parent of any child is an absent parent if:
1. That absent parent is not living in the same household with the child.
2. The child is living with a person providing day-to-day care who is not in relation to that child.
Enforcement of the Child Support Act of 1991 falls upon the office of the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State will use whatever methods are necessary to insure compliance.